Senior Account Executive
McKeeman PR seeks an experienced Senior Account Executive with 5-8 years in retail public relations and agency setting(s) for an open position in the Raleigh, N.C. office.
- Position requires strategic leadership with account teams as well as regular client interaction, junior staff supervision and collaboration with other members of the agency.
- A strong background in media relations, marketing communications and business is required.
- Experience with social media is preferred but not required.
- This is not an entry-level position. The job is full-time with competitive pay and benefits.
- Work collaboratively with project teams; ability to own and execute the details, while at the same time, leading work of fellow team members.
- Serve as a lead day-to-day client contact, supported by account leadership.
- Lead more junior team members by example — helps set the bar.
- Is committed to high-quality work at every level — customer interaction, the process and the end product.
- Work with and value schedule flexibility — but doesn’t allow it to get in the way of customer service — to fellow employees and clients alike.
- Looks for ways to “do things better, smarter,” even when that looks a little different.
- Aspire to grow in his/her role with the company — to employee management, greater client counsel, new business cultivation, etc.
- Strong writing, media relations and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management and project team management skills.
- Bachelor’s in public relations, journalism or communications.
- Minimum 4 to 8 years of experience in managing news media communication.
- Understanding of all media vehicles and ways to use them in planning and execution — news media, social media, advertising, in-store merchandising, mobile messaging, word-of-mouth marketing, cause-related marketing, street team marketing, event marketing.
- Ability to communicate and manage up to supervisor and executive leadership on new processes, systems, trends as they relate to media relations management, team resources.
- Ability to effectively manage project teams, constructively coach fellow team members.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Toggl and SharePoint.
- Written communication: Excellent writing skills and knowledge of proper grammar are critical to this position. News releases, email pitches, media messages, Q&As, printed materials, and well-crafted emails will be a primary responsibility.
- Project management: Soup-to-nuts, with key attention to detailed execution, follow-up, written and verbal updates, coordination with vendors, community groups, client groups.
- Media relations management: Media outreach and relationship cultivation through pitching, interview management, managing client responses to inquiries, etc.
- Crisis and issues management.
- Timeline and budget management for designated projects.
- Understanding and embracing business development, including recognizing organic new-business opportunities with existing clients, practicing excellent cost controls, and making recommendations on potential new clients based on research.
- Strategic planning and support on a project level.
- Exceptional people skills and ability to work with a range of personalities, from the folks on the loading dock to the board of directors and CEOs.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and changing environments.
- Work effectively in a telecommuting and a virtual office environment.